7th TEXAS INVASIVE PLANT & PEST CONFERENCE
October 23-26, 2018 -- Austin, Texas
The Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference is a professional level meeting including keynote speakers, concurrent sessions (with multiple presentations), workshops, field trips, poster sessions, and symposia designed to serve researchers, students, naturalists, the weed and pest management industry, land managers, state and federal agencies, local governments, other natural resource professionals, and anyone else with an interest in Texas' invasive species. Please plan to attend!
Save the Date
Who Should Attend?
- Land management professionals, from local, state, and federal agencies, including municipal, regional, state and federal parks.
- Environmental organizations such as NGOs, land and river conservancies, land trusts, sport hunting and fishing organizations, etc.
- Researchers and students from academia.
- Companies servicing restoration or weed and pest removal projects including equipment manufacturers, GPS providers, herbicide producers, ecologists, environmental consultants, and landscape architects and planners.
- Anyone who has an interest in invasive species in Texas.
- Foster statewide collaboration among those who share in the common goal of protecting Texas from the threat of invasive species;
- Provide a venue for sharing information about prevention, early detection, control and management, information management, and research; and
- Raise public awareness of the problems posed by invasive species in the state of Texas.
- Plenary sessions featuring recognized speakers
- Concurrent sessions addressing coordination, prevention, early detection, management and research
- Over $4,000 in student awards and travel grants
- Trade exhibits and poster sessions
- Half day of field trips and workshops
- Awards banquet
- Registration fee covers lunch Wednesday and Thursday, the social, and the banquet.
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 - Afternoon: TIPPC Board of Directors Meeting. Evening: Welcome Social
- Wednesday, Oct. 24 - TIPPC Business Meeting (open to all), Speakers, Concurrent Sessions, Posters, Exhibitors
- Thursday, Oct. 25 - Speakers, Concurrent Sessions, Posters, Exhibitors, Report from Session Chairs, Awards Banquet
- Friday, Oct. 26 (Half day) - Field trips and workshops
Call for Abstracts
Submission of abstracts closed September 28.
Abstracts for the 2018 Texas Invasive Plant & Pest Conference
Call for Symposia
Submission of symposia proposals closed August 31.
The registration fee covers breakfast and lunch on Wednesday and Thursday, the social, and the banquet.
Early registration is closed. Registration fee: $85 student, $200 non-student.
To register by check, download the mail-in registration form. (note that the earlybird deadline is incorrect on the form.)
Field Trips and Workshops
We have four fantastic field trips and one wonderful workshop lined up for your enjoyment and edification. Some field trips require an additional fee. Please click here for descriptions and here to download the descriptions (pdf).
Continuing Education Credits
CEUs will be available for:
- TDA Pesticide Applicator's License
- Society of American Foresters Certified Forester
- ISA Certified Arborists
Student Awards and Travel Grants
Submission of Student Travel Grant applications closed August 31.
A limited number of sponsorships are available at each of four levels:
- Platinum ($5,000): Corporate logo on all conference materials, corporate logo and link on conference website, free exhibit space at conference, complimentary registration for 4 staff
- Gold ($2,500): Corporate name on all promotional materials, corporate name and link on conference website, free exhibit space at conference, complimentary registration for 3 staff
- Silver ($1,000): Corporate name and link on conference website, discounted exhibit space at conference, complimentary registration for 2 staff
- Bronze ($500): Corporate name and link on conference website, complimentary registration for 1 staff
The deadline for sponsorhip is Friday, October 12. More information.
A limited number of Exhibitor spaces are available: a $300 fee for tabletop exhibits that include one table and two chairs, or a $500 fee for space for a free-standing exhibit, with electricity. The deadline for submitting a request to exhibit is Friday, September 28. More information. (Scroll to the second page.)
Note: government employees should request government rates when making a reservation, and bring apppropriate paperwork.
Holiday Inn Express Austin SW – Sunset Valley
4892 Hwy 290 West, Sunset Valley TX
* King: $135.99 (5 rooms)
* Two Queens: $145.75 (15 rooms)
* To reserve: call 1-800-holiday, 1-800-465-4329, or 1-512-891-9500, or register online. Use Group Code TIP. Reserve no later than 10/1/2018.
La Quinta Inn & Suites -- Austin Southwest
4424 S. Mopac Service Rd, Austin TX
* King: $140 (5 rooms)
* Two queens: $140 (15 rooms) [yes, same price]
* To reserve: Contact the hotel directly or the Group Desk at 1-866-527-1498 Option 1 and ask for the special rate for TIPPC. Reserve no later than 9/27/2018.
2005 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2007 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2009 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2011 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2014 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2016 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference