7th TEXAS INVASIVE PLANT & PEST CONFERENCE
October 23-26, 2018 -- Austin, Texas
*** Abstract Submission, Symposium Proposal Submission, and Student Travel Grant Application Are Now Open. ***
Important deadlines are noted below. Registration will open soon.
The Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference is a professional level meeting including keynote speakers, concurrent sessions (with multiple presentations), workshops, field trips, poster sessions, and symposia designed to serve researchers, students, naturalists, the weed and pest management industry, land managers, state and federal agencies, local governments, other natural resource professionals, and anyone else with an interest in Texas' invasive species. Please plan to attend!
Save the Date
Who Should Attend?
- Land management professionals, from local, state, and federal agencies, including municipal, regional, state and federal parks.
- Environmental organizations such as NGOs, land and river conservancies, land trusts, sport hunting and fishing organizations, etc.
- Researchers and students from academia.
- Companies servicing restoration or weed and pest removal projects including equipment manufacturers, GPS providers, herbicide producers, ecologists, environmental consultants, and landscape architects and planners.
- Anyone who has an interest in invasive species in Texas.
- Foster statewide collaboration among those who share in the common goal of protecting Texas from the threat of invasive species;
- Provide a venue for sharing information about prevention, early detection, control and management, information management, and research; and
- Raise public awareness of the problems posed by invasive species in the state of Texas.
- Plenary sessions featuring recognized speakers
- Concurrent sessions addressing coordination, prevention, early detection, management and research
- Over $4,000 in student awards and travel grants
- Trade exhibits and poster sessions
- Half day of field trips and workshops
- Awards banquet
- Registration fee covers lunch Wednesday and Thursday, the social, and the banquet.
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 - Afternoon: TIPPC Board of Directors Meeting. Evening: Welcome Social
- Wednesday, Oct. 24 - TIPPC Business Meeting (open to all), Speakers, Concurrent Sessions, Posters, Exhibitors
- Thursday, Oct. 25 - Speakers, Concurrent Sessions, Posters, Exhibitors, Report from Session Chairs, Awards Banquet
- Friday, Oct. 26 (Half day) - Field trips and workshops
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts for poster and oral presentations on subjects relating to invasive species are now being accepted. The deadline for submitting abstracts is Friday, June 29, 2018.
Call for Papers: more information.
Call for Symposia
Proposals for symposia are also being accepted. Symposia are an excellent way to focus a more in-depth information exchange by experts on a topic during the conference. They require advance planning. Download this document for instructions. The deadline for submitting proposals for symposia is Friday, May 25.
The registration fee covers lunch on Wednesday and Thursday, the social, and the banquet.
Early registration by Friday, August 31: $75 student, $175 non-student. After August 31: $85 student, $200 non-student. Online registration will open late Spring, 2018.
Field Trips and Workshops
We are working on an exciting slate of fieled trips and workshops. Stay tuned!
Continuing Education Credits
CEUs will be available for:
- TDA Pesticide Applicator's License
- Society of American Foresters Certified Forester
- ISA Certified Arborists
Student Awards and Travel Grants
To encourage student participation (both graduate and undergraduate) in the Texas Invasive Plant & Pest Conference, the following awards will be made:
- Up to five Student Travel Grants will be awarded, covering registration plus a $300 stipend. Student Travel Grants require an application, and a letter of support from the student's major professor or mentor. Application deadline is Friday, June 29.
Information on submitting a Student Travel Grant Application.
- Up to three student posters and three student presentations will receive awards. 1st place = $500, 2nd place = $400, 3rd place = $300. All student presentations are automatically entered in the Awards competition.
A limited number of sponsorships are available at each of four levels:
- Platinum ($5,000): Corporate logo on all conference materials, corporate logo and link on conference website, free exhibit space at conference, complimentary registration for 4 staff
- Gold ($2,500): Corporate name on all promotional materials, corporate name and link on conference website, free exhibit space at conference, complimentary registration for 3 staff
- Silver ($1,000): Corporate name and link on conference website, discounted exhibit space at conference, complimentary registration for 2 staff
- Bronze ($500): Corporate name and link on conference website, complimentary registration for 1 staff
The deadline for sponsorhip is Friday, September 21. More information will be available soon.
A limited number of Exhibitor spaces are available: a $300 fee for tabletop exhibits that include one table and two chairs, or a $500 fee for space for a free-standing exhibit, with electricity. The deadline for submitting a request to exhibit is Friday, September 21. More information will be available soon.
Information on accommodations will be made available as soon as accomodations are arranged.
2005 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2007 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2009 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2011 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2014 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2016 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference