7th TEXAS INVASIVE PLANT & PEST CONFERENCE
The Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference is a professional level meeting including keynote speakers, concurrent sessions (with multiple presentations), workshops, field trips, poster sessions, and symposia designed to serve scientists, land managers, state and federal agencies, local governments, other professionals, and other naturalists with an interest in Texas' invasive species. Please plan to attend!
Save the Date
Who Should Attend?
- Land management professionals, from local, state, and federal agencies, including municipal, regional, state and federal parks.
- Environmental organizations such as NGOs, land and river conservancies, land trusts, sport hunting and fishing organizations, etc.
- Researchers and students from academia.
- Companies servicing restoration and weed removal projects including equipment manufacturers, GPS providers, herbicide producers, ecologists, environmental consultants, and landscape architects and planners.
- Anyone who has an interest in invasive species in Texas.
- Foster statewide collaboration among those who share in the common goal of protecting Texas from the threat of invasive species;
- Provide a venue for sharing information about prevention, early detection, control and management, information management, and research; and
- Raise public awareness of the problems posed by invasive species in the state of Texas.
- Plenary sessions featuring recognized speakers
- Concurrent sessions addressing coordination, prevention, early detection, management and research
- Over $4,000 in student awards and travel grants
- Trade exhibits and poster sessions
- Half day of field trips and workshops
- Awards banquet
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - Morning: TIPPC Board of Directors Meeting. Afternoon: TIPPC Business Meeting, Speakers, Concurrent Sessions, Posters, Exhibitors, Reception
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - Speakers, Concurrent Sessions, Posters, Exhibitors, Report from Session Chairs, Awards Banquet
- Thursday, March 29, 2018 (Half day) - Field trips and workshops
Call for Abstracts
We are looking for poster and oral presentations on subjects relating to invasive species. Online submission will be available here soon.
Call for Symposia
Members of TIPPC are encouraged to organize symposia for the conference. Check back later for more inforamtion.
Cost: Early bird $75 student, $175 non-student. Otherwise $85 student, $200 non-student. Online registration open soon!
Continuing Education Credits
CEUs will be available for:
- TDA Pesticide Applicator's License
- Society of American Foresters Certified Forester
- ISA Certified Arborists
Student Awards and Travel Grants
To encourage student participation in the statewide Invasive Species Conference, the following awards will be made.
- Up to five Student Travel Grants will be awarded, covering registration plus stipend. Student Travel Grants require an application, which will be available soon.
- Up to three student poster and three student presentation awards will receive awards. 1st place = $500, 2nd place = $400, 3rd place = $300. All student presentations are automatically included in the Awards competition.
Limited number of sponsorships are available at each of four levels:
- Platinum ($5,000): Corporate logo on all conference materials, corporate logo and link on conference website, free exhibit space at conference, complimentary registration for 4 staff
- Gold ($2,500): Corporate name on all promotional materials, corporate name and link on conference website, free exhibit space at conference, complimentary registration for 3 staff
- Silver ($1,000): Corporate name and link on conference website, discounted exhibit space at conference, complimentary registration for 2 staff
- Bronze ($500): Corporate name and link on conference website, complimentary registration for 1 staff
Limited number of Exhibitor spaces available. $300 fee for tabletop exhibits that include one table and two chairs, or a $500 fee for space for a free-standing exhibit, with electricity.
Information on accommodations will be available soon.
2005 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2007 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2009 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2011 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2014 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference
2016 Texas Invasive Plant and Pest Conference